The webpart component allows the developer to easialy assign react components to be rendered based on the page’s state (Display/Edit). This component currently supports webpart, publishing and wiki pages. The following webpart components are available:
- Configuration - A react component to be used when the page is being edited, displaying an “Edit Configuration” button to render a panel for custom webpart properties.
- List Configuration - Inherits the configuration webpart, displaying a web url and list dropdown.
- Field Configuration - Inherits the list configuration webpart, adding a field picker.
- Search Configuration - Inherits the field configuration webpart, filtering the field picker to field types supported by the search webpart.
- List - Allows the developer to define an OData or CAML query, and contains two methods:
- onRenderContainer - Optional method with the query results passed as the input parameter.
- onRenderItem - Requires method with the item result passed as the input parameter.
- Search - Inherits the list webpart, adding a search textbox. Based on the configuration fields, a mapper is created based on the item data. This feature will automatically filter the items displayed.
- Tabs - Displays all associated webparts within the same zone in tabs.
Creating Modern WebParts for SharePoint 2013
Although this is designed for SharePoint 2013, this is also designed to work for SharePoint Online.
A series of blog posts have been created to help give an overview of creating webparts in SharePoint 2013.